We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Assistant Store Manager who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers. Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will deliver maximum sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities
- Deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- Be fully aware of KRA's and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Assist in monitoring competitor activity
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Good standard of numeracy/literacy
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder), must have or be prepared to undertake this
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- NVQ Level 2 - 3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar)
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar)
- An understanding of budgets and targets, and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Location: Chepstow/Bristol area
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 Hours per Week
Salary: £20,000 p/a, with potential to earn Assistant Managers Bonus taking earnings up to £25,200
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £5,200pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing Date: 12th February 2021
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.