Assistant Manager - Residential Children's Home
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,500 a year - plus a full benefits package through Perkbox, life insurance and assistance with medical costs.
Full time (40hrs per week) posts available, based in the Cambridgeshire area. Posts are subject to a '365 24/7' shift pattern including sleep-in's.
My client is seeking a multi-skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Manager, Residential Children's Home to assist the Registered Manager in the running of a Registered Children's Home.
Do you have the potential to be an inspirational child focused leader?
Are you passionate about providing vulnerable children with the care, support and guidance they will need to achieve success and independence?
Are you committed to providing a service that meets the needs of children and, whilst ensuring that their welfare is promoted and that they are safeguarded effectively?
Are you able to develop and motivate staff to deliver an exemplary service?
If you can answer, "yes" to all the above, a fantastic opportunity awaits in which you can make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable young people.
Successful candidates will provide care, support and a key working role to looked after children in a residential accommodation. Working as a member of the homes staff team to safeguard children and provide them with the necessary guidance to enable them to live a positive and meaningful life as they approach adulthood.
The successful candidate will report to the Registered Manager and be responsible for ensuring:
* A safe environment in which children are safeguarded from harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation;
* Ensuring children have their needs met and their welfare promoted;
* Maintaining the highest standards of professionalism;
* Attend children's reviews, case conferences and other meetings as necessary;
* Ensuring all areas of the accommodation are clean and well maintained;
* Effective multi-agency practice;
* Assisting the Registered Manager in the effective day-to-day management of a staff teams, including induction, supervising staff, monitoring targets and development as well as completing annual appraisals;
* Assisting with admissions and discharges, the referral process and move-on processes and responding flexibly to the needs the service.
* Effective management of the weekly rotas;
* Assisting the Registered Manager with budget control
* Providing on-call cover as part of an on-call rota
* Working shifts
* Minimum of three years' experience of working with children and young people
* A minimum of 1 year experience in a Senior, Managerial or Team Leader role.
* Relevant Educational or Professional Qualification(s); Level 3 NVQ/Diploma in Health and Social Care - Children and Young People; good standard of secondary education.
Required license: Full UK Driving License.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £27,500.00 per year