Fraud Recovery and Litigation Associate/ManagerLocation-Birmingham OfficeContract-12 months fixedClosing date-20th January 2021Salary-Dependant on experience and interview performanceThe Firm
- Revenue over £200m
- International presence
- Over 2000 employees worldwide
- General Practice firm
- Over 30 offices worldwide
- Handling a varied caseload of pre-litigated and litigated claims with an appropriate level of supervision
- Support handlers in the team on the more complex or larger sanctions cases
- Adapt to the varying client SLA's and maintain a sounds relationship with each client
- Effective communicate with debtors, solicitors, third parties, policyholders and clients via telephone, post and email correspondence. The ability to communicate robustly will be required when dealing with opponents, especially given the nature of the work
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance of your own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Be a point of contact for clients, demonstrating knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Ensuring full compliance with clients' SLAs and DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
- Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Achieving annual fee targets and hitting 1440 chargeable hours per year (if full time)
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Ensure strict and ongoing adherence to benchmark standards in all work undertaken
- Building an awareness of the firm's other services, developing effective internal and external networks
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and meeting Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements where necessary
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- IT literacy - with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage
- Prioritisation and organisation skills - The ability to organise your own time, recognise time pressures and when to ask for help
- Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters and precedents
- Analytical skills - The ability to critically look at factual evidence; identify what is right/out of the ordinary
- Commercial sense - the ability to know the principle or law but also know when it is worth pursuing it
- Experienced fee earner (Paralegal / Litigation Executive), preferably with a litigation background gained within a recovery/litigation/sanctions environment, would be desirable but not essential as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with sanctions cases
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Knowledge and application of the methods of enforcement for judgment would be advantageous
- Confident negotiator and communicator
- Interpersonal skills - The ability to work well with a team, speak to a client or debtor on the telephone and meet with clients
- Resilience - The ability to stand your ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback
- Aptitude to learn - the ability to retain knowledge and transfer this into new skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision, but also a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- Must be able to work under pressure and with a high-volume caseload, to meet required deadlines.
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now'
to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kyle Bancroft
for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful