We have an exciting opportunity for a Product owner to join our Finance team in a full-time, permanent basis.Job Purpose
The last five years have been exciting for the Finance department, benefitting from significant
investment and focus on continuous improvement and having established a successful group finance function that services the IOP Group and its global operations. We continuously strive to deliver the best quality work possible through talented teams empowered to drive things forward. As an expanding global organisation, there is a real buzz in the air. Everyone's enthusiastic about what they're doing and where they're going.
The successful candidate will make an impact in achieving the Finance vision of delivering a leading edge service that comprises insight, efficiency and control to the Group.
We're looking for a collaborative individual who will work seamlessly across the business to achieve great results. Facilitating and drawing upon the input of others, the post-holder will work along-side the Finance business owners and IT to ensure the financial management systems and systems interfaces run efficiently. This role spans the day to day run operational running through to the long term strategy and product management.Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with key business stakeholders to determine, prioritise, develop and configure system development requirements and implement continuous improvement.
- Coordinating and leading on business change projects, including the capturing of business and user requirements.
- Ensure that the impact of change is fully understood across all business units that make use of these systems, and that these systems are used coherently and to best effect within business processes.
- Remain abreast of legislative requirements (such as Data Protection) and ensure IOP Group's internal systems and processes comply.
- Developing the strategy and supporting roadmaps for a diverse array of systems: Epicor ERP, Webpayments, Charging, Webexpenses and any interfaces between these systems.
- Construct and maintain a consolidated, end to end view of ERP systems and ensure they are supported and enhanced to meet the company's functional and legislative needs.
Successful applicants will have:
About the benefits:
- Solid Finance domain experience.
- Experience of ERP in similar group companies with multi-company, multi-currency and multicountry.
- Business analysis skills including capturing business/systems requirements.
- Data-driven approach to decision making, utilising validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to make decisions.
- Evidence of driving a continuous improvement culture.
- Good stakeholder management with ability to coach, influence and negotiate.
- Experience of supporting change through implementation of developments and new system functionality.
- Ideally closely familiar with Microsoft 365 and associated tools (e.g. Sharepoint, Planner, etc.).
- Experience of Agile software development tools such as Atlassian JIRA or equivalent is beneficial, as is an understanding of Agile framework experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone's throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.To apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.About us:
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is
distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other
sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings.
Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we're to achieve our aim of becoming the world's leading publisher in our field.