My client's specialist services division provide dedicated delivery and support to all technical engineering aspects of operating buildings to ensure clients enjoy the whole life benefits inherent in their design.
They are looking for an experienced Commissioning Manager for a data centre in the UK
The ideal candidate will have proven ability in running similar projects with a minimum of 10 years industry experience in this capacity; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients with leading client organisations and contractors
* Review commissioning Tech Subs for technical content and contract compliance and organise workshops with Trade Contractors and the Client to expedite sign off
* Produce commissioning plans
* Produce a commissioning programme
* Produce a test and commissioning tracker document
* Produce a schedule of commissioning RAMS (Risk Assessments/Method Statements)
* Review, comment and approve sub-contractors commissioning RAMS
* Organise and attend all equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT)
* Produce reports following FAT visits
* Monitor the equipment tagging process
* Check the ongoing installation for commissioning readiness
* Interface with the Package Manager's on installation matters impacting the commissioning process
* Produce a weekly progress report which will include a drop line of progress against the commissioning programme, dashboard report from test and commission tracker schedule, 4 week look-ahead schedule and a schedule of key issues/observations
* Assist the Contractors in the preparation of the L1, L2, L3 & L4 commissioning documents
* Attend daily commissioning meetings to drive the time management and resource planning with Consultant and Contractors
* Follow up, and manage through commissioning issues arising and get them closed out to agreed deadlines
* Manage with the Trade Contractors all issues raised and noted on the Clients IRL (commissioning Issues Resolution Log) Note - All issues raised by the client team are on the IRL and must be closed out to achieve FR (facility ready)
* Liaise with Consultant and Contractors in a proactive manner to close out commissioning issues arising
* L1 - L4 test witnessing and assisting in dealing with commissioning snags arising
* Ensuring all relevant parties are on site for each commissioning activity
* Ensuring all requisite test equipment is provided for each test.
* Managing labour on site during testing and commissioning activities
* Collating all test documentation for inclusion within the record documentation
* Work closely with the BMS commissioning Manager to fully test and commission the BMS interfaces in readiness for L4 & 5 testing
* Work with the FA Commissioning Manager to fully test and commission the FA interfaces in readiness for the L4 C&E testing
* Provide assistance to, and interface with the Technical Author in respect of the O&M.
* Electrical biased with previous data centre experience
* Good 11kV experience
* Proven management and mentoring of people / motivational skills
* Background in consulting or construction preferred.
* Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global engineer ing company