Senior Full-Stack Engineer - React and Node, Remote / Home Based£60-80k
Remote / Home Based
React, Node, Azure, SQL, Terraform, Docker, Agile, Best Practice, etc.
Through acquisition and new product development a disruptive EdTech company are looking to bring on a Remote Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join the Technical Team and drive forward best practices and contribute to developing industry leading EdTech products - React, Node, Azure, Docker, Agile, Best Practice.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Remote Senior Full-Stack Engineer will help play a key role in both the delivery of software products and helping to implement and drive change across the development team, to ensure Scrum and development best practice are embedded and nurtured across their growing development function. Medium term this role will move into a Lead role with longer term potential to move into a Head of Engineering role as the company continues to expand.
Core responsibilities include:
* Active member of the engineering team responsible for replatforming a monolith architecture to a microservice platform.
* Redevelop features and components in React and Node, SQL Servers hosted on Azure in a CI delivery environment utilising Docker and Terraform.
* Contribution to delivery planning and agile processes across multiple products.
* Nurturing Agile and Scrum capability within the team to ensure sprint planning and delivery successfully achieved, identifying, labelling and removing blockers before they impact.
* Encourage, nurture and drive positive change in the development team - leading by example.
What's required from you:
* A strong track record in developing high quality, well tested code in React and Node, ideally in a cloud environment.
* Experience coaching and mentoring less experience members of the team in Agile and best practice.
* A focus on continual improvement and experience with a variety of agile tools to help get the "right-fit" working practices.
* Strong engineering experience and contribution to design and technical direction.
* Prior experience working with a mixture of legacy and greenfield projects and an understanding of the trade-offs between refactoring and redevelopment is a plus.
* A passion for using technology to solve real problems.
This would be ideal for and hands on Senior Full-Stack Engineer who is passionate about creating clean, high quality code, driving change and shipping great product quickly. Experience in helping, coaching, and mentoring other developers in agile and best practice is key as is developing full-stack applications in React and Node.
Insight Recruitment Group donate 2.5% of revenue to Mind and Make-A-Wish. We work closely with all business to create vacancies which are a true reflection of the working environment, role and career opportunity. We support our applicants through every step of the process to ensure transparency, trust and communication between the business and the applicant is of the highest quality.
Insight Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All selections are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information, please visit Insight Recruitment Group's website