NYMS Services have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Care Home Manager at the Pennine Care Centre.
NYMS services are a small family run organisation who own the Pennine Care Centre. Pennine Care Centre is a 60 bed Residential Care home providing accommodation and care for vulnerable adults who require support around Dementia and Mental Health.
What we can offer you:
* Position: Deputy Care Home Manager
* Starting Salary Range: £10.00 an hour to £12:00 an hour (depending on experience)
* Full Time Post 40 hours
* Three-month Post with a potential to extension
* Access to professional training
* To Deputise for the Service Manager in providing leadership to the administration, care, catering, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance functions of the service.
* To be in-charge of the day to day running of the service; supervising the senior carers and carers to ensure good quality of care is provided to residents to include administration of medication.
* To be responsible for the day-to-day Compliance Activities; ensure daily records, care plan updates, MAR charts are completed to the required standard.
* To be in-charge of Compliance; conducting regular audits; Care Plan Audits, Meds audit, Infection Prevention Control audits, Safeguarding & Accidents and H&S Audits.
* To provide line management support for some senior carers and carers; supervision, support and appropriate delegation.
* To provide training on the delivery of care as directed by the management team.
* To ensure safeguarding is at the heart of service delivery; provide support in managing incidents, escalating reports and completing actions.
* To work with the management team and undertake care duties when required to cover staff absences.
* To provide out of hours support - two weeks over a four-week period.
* The role involves in working some weekends and some night shifts.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
* Experience of working as a Team Leader or a Deputy Manager within a care home setting.
* The ability to manage staff and compliance activities.
* Appropriate Professional Qualification
* Experience of Managing a care home.
* Qualified to an NVQ Level 5 or Health and Social Care Level 5
* Immediately Available Candidates are ideal