Our client is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging and operate on a global scale. With the ambition to grow organically & through acquisitions, we are currently supporting them with a new role for a Global Procurement Category Manager Construction to support with those ambitions.
The business has a wide range of properties globally that include re-cycling centres, papermills, manufacturing plants that make boxes, distribution facilities and offices. As the business continues to grow, their estate needs to evolve, modernise and expand to meet the ever-changing needs of customers.
The role of the Construction Global Category Manager sits in the 'Non-Production' category pillar of the Procurement function, with dotted line reporting to the Group Property Director. In this position you will;
* Advise on the most appropriate contact structure(s) to minimise our clients exposure to construction risk.
* Lead the Procurement process in any construction activity within the company in collaboration with local procurement teams.
* Use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier/stakeholder management principles to create and develop global Construction category plans.
* Supervise and collaborate with the business to ensure that your strategies are successfully implemented to drive category outcomes.
* Lead the Procurement process in all construction activities within the company, including
o Advising all divisional management teams on the most appropriate construction/ maintenance method and associated contract structures.
o Put in plan a pre-qualified panel of construction partners to help deliver all construction activities across the business.
o Develop best practice approaches for construction projects across the group from minor works up to and including major new facilities
o Procure a panel of experts to support in the execution of all construction projects
o Responsible in the oversight all of construction procurement processes across the group
* Develop and implement Construction Category strategies in collaboration with Group Property and Business
* Knowledge and understanding of construction market and practices
* Professional property and/or procurement qualifications
* Good communication skills
* Strong maths and budgeting abilities
* Analytical thinking skills
* Negotiation skills.
* Ability to work with contractors, state, county, and local agencies
* Ability to concurrently manage and coordinate multiple contracts
* Project Management skills
* Strong teamwork skills
* Detailed first hand knowledge of major facility construction projects
* Experience in FTSE100 or equivalent sized multinational organisation
* Extensive knowledge of general contracting processes, rules and procedures
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, selection and uses of various types of design, construction and rehabilitation contracts
* Knowledge of basic design and construction management techniques
* Ability to work with contractors and state/local agencies
* Ability to concurrently manage and coordinate multiple projects
Spring Engineering Solutions (a trading name of Roevin Management Services Limited) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Spring Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring Engineering Solutions. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website