Due to an internal promotion at Group level, my client is looking to hire a Finance Systems Manager to head up their M3 System
My client is a European Manufacturing business with sites across the UK.
Due to an internal promotion, the role of Finance Systems Manager has become vacent on a potential temp to perm basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Systems Accountant with specific M£ ERP systems skills to join a leading European Manufacturing business.
This a home based role, however will require 1-2 days Travel per month (post lockdown).
This is a specific "Finance Business Partnering" role where you will act as the interface betwen the key Finance stakeholders across the various sites and the Group IT team.
Alongside ownership of the finance modules of the Infor M3 ERP system, the role will encompass delivering projects to improve the efficiency of the finance function. You will be tasked with reviewing processes, making recommendations and actively seeking out areas for improvement.
· Manage and own finance systems implementation / upgrades across all manufacturing sites.
· Monitor day-to-day systems performance - ensuring all finance functions run smoothly and correctly.
· Work closely with IT and external systems support to ensure that any system performance issues are addressed quickly - with all resolutions documented fully for future reference.
· Proactively understand any recurring issues/bottlenecks experienced by finance users - identify and test potential solutions to address these issues.
· Continually review and maintain group Finance Systems handbook - ensuring this is updated for any changes to processes, procedures and troubleshooting solutions.
· Training and supporting finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures.
· Play a significant role in the continuous improvement mentality of the finance department - proactively identify areas where system improvements can be made to increase efficiency, improve controls and minimise user error.
· Work with IT to understand the impact of any system upgrades on current processes - ensuring these are communicated to finance users in a timely manner.
· Represent the finance department in any group wide system process changes - collaborate with system leads across all functions to understand the impact and play a key role in end-to-end testing of proposed changes.
· Understand how system data is utilised in group wide BI software - assist with problem solving and development of key financial reports.
· Support the FP&A Controller and wider site finance teams with other IT developments, such as TM1 and Power BI reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Experience of supporting the maintenance / implementation of M3
· In-depth knowledge of M3
· Advanced Excel skills
· Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) preferred
· Experience of SQL, TM1 or Power BI would be an advantage
An initial 9 month Contract starting ASAP.
Potential for extension or conversion to a perm contract
good benefits package