Service Manager (Engineering)
Whether you are an experienced Service Manager looking for a new challenge, or you're currently working as a Service Engineer and seeking a role with more responsibility and less travel, this is a superb career opportunity to join the growing team at Equipment Support Company (ESC), to undertake a busy role with varied responsibilities.
For over 30 years, we have been a global supplier in the design, manufacture and support of high vacuum deposition systems, focused on equipment used within the semiconductor manufacturing industry. Over the past 13 years ESC has further utilised their vast knowledge base in entering the sector of control systems and electrical panel building for the food processing and packaging industry.
ESC has a steady growth plan, and a longstanding workforce that has expanded to 19 colleagues who benefit from a happy, open environment, where contribution is noticed and appreciated, and career progression is supported.
This Service Manager role
Reporting to the Sales and Service Director, as the Service Manager you will lead a team of 4 skilled Service Engineers, whilst taking responsibility for the scheduling of installations and commissioning of all site work. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Being the first point of contact for customers and Service Engineers who require assistance
* Scheduling preventative maintenance visits for Service Contracts
* Organising workload of Service Engineers to accommodate breakdown and technical support
* Working closely with the Control Systems Engineer to ensure effective installation and commissioning of systems
* Producing Risk Assessments and SSOW as required
* Organising appropriate training for Service Engineers
* Working with the Sales Director to quote for service contracts, service work and parts sales
You will be expected to travel occasionally to meet and work with our customers and to offer technical support to Service Engineers on site as required.
As a business, we are also invested in supporting our employees to enhance their own skills, with continuous development and training opportunities available for all, so we can support you to develop your abilities, enhance your career, and encourage the positive growth of our business.
As the Service Manager, you'll receive a salary of up to £45,000 potentially negotiable and starting level will be dependent on current ability and experience. You will also have the benefit of a company car or van, phone, and 30 days annual leave including bank holidays.
You'll be employed on a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday, and whilst you'll need to be flexible with start and finish times to meet business and customer needs, flexibility will be given with an early finish time where possible. Occasionally you may be required to work weekends for which overtime would be paid.
You'll be based within our company offices in Somersham near Cambridge.
Requirements for this Service Manager vacancy
* Have either experience as a Service Manager, or have a background as a Service Engineer with a keen desire to progress your career and take on more responsibility
* Proven technical ability, ideally in both vacuum systems and electrical machine controls
* Superb fault-finding skills
* Strong customer facing and communication skills
* Full UK driving licence, and willingness to travel as required
Although not essential, experience in either Mechanical, Electrical or PLC programming is highly desirable.
Due to the nature of businesses we visit onsite, ESC requires employees to be cleared to SC Level by the MoD. As such, ESC may reject a candidate if they are unable to meet the criteria set by the MoD. The company would generally require candidates to fulfil the following requirements: they must be a born or naturalised British citizen and one of their parents must be a British citizen or have substantial ties to the UK. Candidates must normally have been resident in the UK for 5 years immediately prior to their application; this is particularly important if they were born outside the UK. Candidates will also need to complete and pass baseline Personnel Security Standard, Company Records Check, Criminal Record Check, Credit Reference Check and a Security Service Check.
All applications for this Service Manager (Engineering) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions