Centre Manager - £18.93ph plus Hol Pay - Remote workingImmediate start for two months initially
We are recruiting for an experienced Higher EducationCentre Manager
to join one of London's leading Universities. If you have previous experience in a similar post, we'd love to hear from you!Office Management
- Act as a first point of contact for the Centre, identifying and meeting needs, whilst managing expectations.
- Set up, implement and manage administration processes.
- Provide administrative support including undertaking background research, collating and analysing data/information, and writing reports, such as; business cases for new programmes, funding bids and Research Council reviews.
- Ensure effective coordination of the student experience.
- Attend meetings of Managers and Directors.
- Organise, prepare paperwork, take and circulate minutes.
- Ensure that all requests for information are met promptly and comprehensively.
- Undertake internal reviews.
- Provide information to enable research grant proposals and studentship details to be submitted.
- Keep up to date with regulations and procedures.
- Make travel arrangements for others associated with the department as requested.
- Develop and maintain a database of members and stakeholders.
- Oversee the procurement and maintenance of the department including computing equipment, estates and facilities.
- Help manage the diary of the Centre Director and Deputy Directors.
Information Management & Reporting
- Monitor and maintain budgets, prepare and comment on financial statements/reports.
- Manage the day-to-day finances and liaise with the Director and Deputy Directors on overall financial planning.
- Manage, monitor and maintain all records for expenditure and all transactions.
- Liaise with the Contracts Department and Research Services to set up contracts with industrial sponsors and funding bodies.
- Provide information to auditors.
- Assist with student stipend and fee payments.
- Management of the partner invoicing process.
- Processing expense claims and invoices and provide support in processing student expenses.
Marketing, Publicity and Events
- Oversee, create and update student and staff records.
- Maintain records of information/data and statistics.
- Establish and implement systems for recording and annual reporting on the operation of the department.
- Working with colleagues to streamline, make consistent, and develop reporting mechanisms.
Networking & Committees
- Develop and update marketing and student recruitment plans.
- Promote and publicise the brand, activities, research, and scholarships.
- Provide input and ideas to the Directors and management on all relevant activities.
- Write promotional material, provide information and case studies to external sources.
- Manage the website by providing input into the design, writing content, sourcing non-textual materials and ensuring that site upgrades are carried out.
- Support other online activities: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, including support to students in setting up and maintaining their online profiles.
- Organise and manage activities and events including open days, invited lectures, conferences, seminars and student events, as applicable.
- Assist in the development and manage relationships with external sponsors and provide support to develop scholarships.
- Arrange, service (writing minutes/reports), and actively contribute to a wide range of meetings and committees including Management Team meetings, Steering Committee meetings, Advisory Board meetings.
- Keep up-to-date with Research Council news and activities.
- Experience of working within a HE or research environment.
- Provision of effective administrative support in a complex organisation.
- Experience of setting up and co-ordinating management systems, with monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
- Organising and servicing committees and taking clear and accurate minutes of meetings and providing follow up support.
- Project coordination and financial management experience.
- Computer literate, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, email and internet and experience of online systems and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships.
- Ability to collate and present management level information and to draft correspondence and reports.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and project management skills, including the ability to work effectively on numerous projects simultaneously, each with varying demands.
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to present and interpret statistics.
- Ability to work proactively and possess a flexible approach to work.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.