We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accountant for our client in Beeston to provide support on accounting and budgetary issues and contribute to the continued functioning and improvement of the company's accountancy processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide financial support to designated service areas and the Principal Accountant including preparation of the annual revenue budgets, budget monitoring and closedown processes.
* Completion of final accounts processes and preparation of notes to the accounts and supporting documentation.
* Completion of statistical and other (including government) returns as required, for example those covering revenue outturn and estimates and the Whole of Government Accounts.
* Preparation of monthly and year end reconciliations between financial systems.
* Assist with the production of financial information for management.
The following duties are to be shared between the posts:
* Monitor the company's cash flow position including investment of surplus funds (including daily contact with brokers and banks) and taking corrective action via temporary funding.
* Carry out post investment monitoring to assess treasury performance and longer term funding initiated in accordance with instructions.
* Associated payments, maintenance of records and reconciliation of transactions to financial ledger with regard to the treasury management function including the monitoring of receipt of government grants.
* Preparation and analysis of longer term cash flow predictions.
* Monitor and calculate interest rates applied to third party money (including section 106 transactions).
* Administer the system used to re-charge administration costs to service areas including the collation of data from relevant service areas.
* Co-ordinate the completion of final accounts work including communicating deadlines for key tasks to all concerned and subsequent monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met.
You must have previous experience in providing financial support to budget holders or other decision makers along with all accounting procedures and financial issues. We are looking for candidates with an analytical mind who are self-motivated and have the ability to manage workloads within tight timescales.
* Qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent experience
* Part qualified CCAB accountant
* Use of computerised financial systems
* Competent user of common ICT office applications (email, word processing, web browsing)
* Competent Excel user
What's in it for you?
This is a full time temporary position until the end of March 2021. Working hours will be Monday to Friday 08:30am - 17:00pm.
Pay rate: £13.41 per hour.
If you are interested in the above role and feel you meet the criteria/experience then please apply online