Remote working. Outside of IR35The Role:
- Responsible to the Programme Manager and Systems Engineering Manager for the planning and execution of Systems Engineering activities within the programme.
- Responsible for leading a team of Systems Engineers and other support functions to deliver project goals.
- Accountable for the application of high quality systems engineering in all aspects
- of the project and for maintaining adherence with Standard Operating Framework-Engineering and Company procedures.
- Several years of relevant Systems Engineering design experience
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS-NG to perform system requirements validation, decomposition with traceability or to manage the verification of the requirements through a full product lifecycle
- Breadth of understanding across other engineering domains, including RF, electrical, mechanical, software
- Demonstrated technical Leadership
- Able to technically mentor and instruct Engineers, who are assigned to support you in the execution of your Work Packages.
- Excellent communication and team motivation skills, able to engage with technically strong individuals and a non-technical audience and to drive design decisions.
- Be comfortable in customer facing engagements and be confident in driving value into the programme team.
- All applicants must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
- Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline, such as mechanical or electronic engineering.
- Experience in devolving a system requirement to a set of hardware and/or software subsystems described by architectural diagrams and interface descriptions
- Engineering leadership in safety critical industries or complex technical environments.
- Good understanding of Project Management and PM tools, such as Microsoft Project.
- Relevant systems engineering disciplines, including configuration management, control engineering, interface control design, reliability engineering, safety engineering, security engineering
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91656878