Software Tech Lead/Lead Software Engineer/Development Lead - Operational Team
This is an exciting opportunity for to join a forward thinking company offering a strong team working environment. Our strategy is to have a cross functional development team, with team members working on all areas of our technology stack and propositions.
We're looking for an intelligent, energetic and driven Tech Lead to help us deliver our brand, products and services to our clients. People who are excited by technology, love pushing the boundaries of what's possible while at the same time keeping an eye on the bigger picture and ensuring the best outcomes for our customers by providing straightforward solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on development, delivery of requirements, driving development modernisation, people management and working with other teams to increase productivity and velocity.
You will lead a multidisciplinary team of Engineers, QA Analysts and DevOps Engineers to deliver challenging projects on time and budget.
You will be part of a cross-functional Agile team, delivering our enterprise backlog development items. You will have solid experience in delivery of development projects to agreed timescales and quality objectives, working in accordance with defined Agile framework and processes.
Key technical skills:
- Net Core, Angular, MongoDB, Web API
- CI/CD, TDD
- Jira, BitBucket
- Cloud technologies, ideally AWS
- Microservice architecture
- Monitoring and alerts dashboards
- Minimum 4 years in senior development role
- High degree of technical competence
- Very strong communicator
- Strong influencing and mentoring skills
What we offer:
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Company pension
- Regular proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £56.5 billion and more than 295,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91654393