Join our Valuations team and develop your career through advising infrastructure or Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) businesses, funds and investors on critical value related issues in situations of commercial importance.
Our Valuations team, which is part of Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance, advises on high profile assignments that have significant impact on our clients. In particular, clients seek our advice in situations where there is a question of value or a material value impact, including:
- Transactions (involving internal and/or external parties);
- Portfolio investment valuations;
- Tax or transfer pricing matters;
- Financial reporting; and
- Incentive schemes.
Our team of valuation professionals come from diverse backgrounds to bring together skills and experiences to deliver market leading client service and advice. The team is seeking to grow quickly to meet significant demand from clients and we are looking to recruit experienced infrastructure or TMT focused Assistant Directors to join our London-based team (or Reading for TMT only).
Deloitte are excited to have created the Deloitte North South Europe (NSE) network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Middle East, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. The NSE network presents significant opportunities - both from business and personal perspectives - to work across these markets.Your role
Your work will be varied and will offer you great opportunities to develop your commercial, financial analytical and valuation advisory skills and experience in the situations described above.
As an Assistant Director in our sector focused teams you will play an integral part in advising our clients on value related matters across the infrastructure or TMT industries.
You will be expected to:
Your work, your choice
- Manage and execute valuation engagements, from the planning stage through to delivery;
- Apply your infrastructure or TMT and financial analytical knowledge and experience to important client issues;
- Develop, review and interpret analysis and present clearly articulated and insightful conclusions;
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders across both our clients and Deloitte;
- Actively pursue new revenue opportunities and engage in business development opportunities;
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution; and
- Effectively develop and coach more junior team members.
You will be based in our London office (or Reading for TMT only). The role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to at times meet peaks of work inherent in our client engagements.
At Deloitte we measure our impact by the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to implement suitable formal and informal working arrangement to create positive outcomes for our people and our clients. For example, working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects. Your professional experience
Your professional experience should include:
Your professional skills
- Valuation experience in the infrastructure or TMT industries;
- Consulting experience within another "Big 4" or top tier valuation consulting firm;
- Significant experience of performing complex analyses as well as interpreting and presenting conclusions in a concise and clear manner;
- Project management and project organisation, including working across several projects simultaneously, effectively prioritising and delegating tasks; and
- Involvement in business development activities and an ability to establish long term business relationships.
Your professional skills should include:
Your personal characteristics
- Exceptional financial analytical skills with experience of working with large data sets and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written communication;
- Project management and project execution skills; and
- Outstanding team building skills emanating from being a reliable and inclusive team member.
In terms of your personal characteristics, we expect you to:
Your division of Deloitte: Financial Advisory
- Be driven and approach your role with enthusiasm;
- Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving;
- Be ambitious, have an inquisitive mind and show initiative to learn; and
- Be a supportive team member and an emerging leader.
Within the Financial Advisory division of Deloitte we advise clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. This is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many complex issues involved in major transactions and our other client work. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, high profile clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry and product specialism. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178620