Join us as a Derivatives Manager
What you'll do
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a Derivatives Manager to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You'll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- It's a chance to put your existing financial expertise to the test, take advantage of our development opportunities and advance your career
You'll hedge interest rate risk for corporate loans and execute linear and non-linear derivatives to manage the bank's structural interest rate risk as well as other balance sheet exposures.
You'll provide a point of contact for all support function queries on trades and ensure all executed trades are supported by complete and accurate documentation.
The skills you'll need
- Manage the hedging for both secured and unsecured issuance transactions and manage a portfolio of structured debt
- Provide high levels of interaction and exposure across various business areas including Treasury front office, balance sheet management, Treasury finance, operations and various business lines
- Develop a strong knowledge of markets and the drivers of market movements, while keeping abreast of economic data and events that can impact structural hedging decisions
- Provide advice and guidance on structuring, pricing and execution of interest rate and cross currency derivatives for the liquidity portfolio and funding teams within Treasury
A minimum degree-level education or relevant professional qualification, have a strong understanding of principles of financial product pricing, be familiar with logic of systems used for risk management of financial products as well as a good knowledge of front office systems.
You should have experience of derivative pricing and structures and demonstrable experience in building relationships with internal and external counterparties.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge and experience of derivatives specifically with respect to Rates' products
- The ability to work with colleagues of all levels including senior management
- A strong understanding of the structure and risks inherent in the product sets and overall make-up of the balance sheets
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong technical ability
- The ability to manage change in dynamic environment
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.