Morgan Hunt are delighted to be assisting an East London education and Training provider with the recruitment of a permanent Head of Finance. Reporting to the Vice Principal of Finance and Resources this role will play a pivotal role in the operational management of the finance function.
Responsibilities of the Head of Finance
- Responsible for the operational management of the finance functions of the college
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Responsible for the planning and budget-setting process
- Production of an annual plan with performance measures and targets
- Responsible for the preparation of the college's annual published financial statements working with the vice principal, presenting them to the external auditors and liaising with the auditors throughout the year as required
- To supervise all College contracts to ensure they comply with best practice and are in line with the financial regulations.
- Provide advice on banking, investments and financial strategies
Person Specification for the Head of Finance role
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA,CIMA or CIPFA)
- Previous experience of leading and managing a Finance team at Head of Finance or Finance Manager level
- Audit experience (either as an auditor or someone who has experience of the requirements of auditors)
- Experience of working in collaboration and partnership with a wide range of stakeholders
- Management of substantial and complex budgets
- Previous experience of financial system implementation
- Knowledge/experience of the education sector (desirable)
If you are looking to start 2021 with a new role and feel you match the above criteria please do send a copy of your CV.
This role Will be based at the Education and Training providers East London campus so the ability to travel to East London is essential
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.