This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded, rapidly expanding logistics business in a new role created to support the business through its next phase of growth. In this pivotal, commercially focussed role, you will work in partnership with the CEO, MD, Ops Director and Commercial Director with your remit including:
- Taking full ownership for finance, administrative and procurement functions.
- Full Profit & loss and balance sheet responsibility.
- Presenting Financial and Operational KPIs to the Board and Senior Management team.
- Supporting business decisions and strategic planning.
- Management and development of a team of 10 across finance, admin and procurement.
- Driving the next phase of increasing revenue and profit (through organic growth and possibly company acquisitions).
- Developing a modern and effective commercial reporting suite - providing full visibility across the business at site level and company level.
- Development of the most efficient and effective financial controls, processes and procedures.
- Review and development of IT systems.
- Ensuring Statutory compliance.
- Driving a culture of optimum business performance.
- Looking for opportunities to continuously improve and evolve the finance and admin functions to meet the evolving demands of the business.
Our client is looking for a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA Finance Director (or Commercial FC ready to make the step) and specifically someone with considerable experience gained within the Warehousing/Logistics/Distribution sector. With an impressive FC and finance team in place this roles main focus is on staff management and development whilst working with the board to set and achieve business strategy, and the MD is looking for someone who can bring additional dynamism, energy and sector expertise to the team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering business that has already seen turnover double in 3 years to £50m and has exciting plans ahead. With this being a new opportunity our client is flexible re salary as they see this role as very much being a business investment and a pivotal role - they envisage it being in the region £80-100K+ but are open to consider applicants
who might have salary expectations at a higher level.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and
other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.