Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Ely - Perm - Up to £50k DOE
Do you have a Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent? Do you enjoy precision engineering of high complexity mechanical mechanisms? Do you enjoy taking a design through from concept to manufacture? Are you a confident problem solver with the ability to collaborate with others?
As a global manufacturer with a vast portfolio of photonic tools and systems, my client is looking for a driven and forward thinking Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to share in their commitment to continuous improvement and scientific advancement.
Working within their purpose built facility in Ely, you will use your mechanical engineering expertise and practical manufacturing knowledge to provide designs and improvements which are both technically accurate and practically deliverable. As a senior member of the team, you will provide support to more junior colleagues and help to broaden the team knowledge and capabilities throughout the development cycle, production and manufacture of precision motion control and vibration isolation systems.
Your duties will include;
* Develop, assemble, test and evaluate theoretical designs
* Produce detailed specifications and data analysis
* Collaborative root cause analysis and solution finding
* Plan for and oversee deadlines, cost, compliance and safety
* Deputise for the Mechanical Engineering Team Leader when required
In return for your commitment and drive, you will receive;
* Onsite training opportunities and cross-departmental insight
* Private healthcare, group income protection, group life cover
* Contributory pension scheme
* Genuinely collaborative team
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy to discuss or APPLY NOW