Main purpose of the role:
* Be fully aware of safeguarding, and support the setting to ensure that children benefit from an environment in which they are safe and secure.
* Have at the forefront of awareness promoting safeguarding of the children and families in our care, in all aspects, including the Prevent Duty, FGM, and safety.
* Provide safe, creative and developmentally appropriate play activities, with regard to health and safety, ensuring that each child is working towards their optimum development.
* Provide a high quality of support, encouragement, care and interaction in a non-discriminatory environment.
* Communicate in a variety of ways that are clear and suitable for purpose with children, parents, colleagues, and other professionals to support the development of children in the setting.
* Work in a non-discriminatory way, supporting the ideals of equal opportunities and respecting cultures and traditions.
* Provide the children with appropriate levels of stimulation and make observations and assessments that will inform planning.
* Assist the Senior Nursery Nurses with preparations for the day, in accordance with the play plans provided.
* Assist the Senior Nursery Nurses with tidying away at the end of the day, encouraging children in your care to do the same.
Check the rota daily to ascertain your duties within the nursery and times of scheduled breaks.
Staff must be flexible to work within the whole Nursery, supporting other staff to cover the full working day e.g sickness and absentee cover.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Educated to GCSE level with passes in four or more subjects two of which are English and Maths.
* Childcare qualiualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE).
* Level 2 candidates may be accepted into the nursery but will be required to enrol onto a level 3 qualification as soon as practicable.
* Training in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Training in child protection and safeguarding children.
* Training in behaviour management.
* A recent paediatric First Aid certificate
* Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports as
* directed by the manager.
* Satisfactory Disclosure Barring Services Check