Full time (37 hours per week)
Based at UKCEH Wallingford, Maclean Building, Benson Lane, OX10 8BB
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2021
This role will support the team with customer and supplier account management/credit control. The role will aid in imbedding Finance processes and procedures for UKCEH by ensuring that relevant SOPs are adhered to when processing customer and supplier invoices, Employee and Non-Employee expenses, and payments.
- Supplier account management through monthly statement reconciliation and effective communication with suppliers and appropriate stakeholders within UKCEH.
- Supplier invoice, Employee and Non-Employee expenses processing in a timely manner and in accordance with SOPs.
- Working closely with Procurement and other departments to resolve any AP issues.
- Preparing and reviewing Settlement Runs up to Cash Manager approval step in Workday on a weekly basis and in accordance with SOPs.
- Reconciling Aged Creditors, Prepayments, Unallocated payments and preparing relevant reports in a timely manner and escalating any issues to Accounts Payables Team Leader.
- Customer account management through monthly reconciliation of customer accounts and customer aging report.
- Producing product and Misc. invoices and credit notes for UKCEH and UKCEH Enterprise, including liaison with DSA/PMSS's, licensing team and Project managers.
- Credit control for both UKCEH and UKCEH Enterprise; management of debts including chasing, and collection referrals to further action as well as raising credit notes where applicable
- Providing support to Finance Officer-Cash, Banking and VAT, with Balance Sheet reconciliation queries, specifically - unapplied income and prepayments.
- Flagging up any Workday system's pain points in the process of performing of the job.
- Taking part in teams meetings and prioritising one's workload. Knowledge sharing and assistance to other team members as and when required.
- You will be also be expected to learn other roles to provide cover when necessary.
- Assisting in developing policies and SOPs
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Understanding of General Accounting principles
- Understanding the link between Procurement and AP
- You will hold a good degree (2:1) in a finance related subject or have the equivalent level of knowledge and proven ability
- You will have at least 3 years' of working within Accounts Payables and Accounts Payables
- You will have a knowledge of various types of payments and can demonstrate an ability to spot an issue with a payment
Experience/Proven abilities related to the position
- The ability and confidence to manage supplier accounts
- A proven ability and experience in processing payments via different methods(Chaps, bacs, card, sepa)
- The ability to effectively liaise with Banks to resolve payments processing issues
- Some knowledge and experience of dealing with VAT
- You will also be able to demonstrate your knowledge of controls in AP and AR.
- A proven ability to support the organisation by providing an excellent Accounts Receivable and Payable service to internal and external stakeholders
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Finance System Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised and professional approach
- Ability to manage time effectively
Core Behaviours & Values
- You will demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to UKCEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork.
- Assistance with VAT Return preparation.
- Some knowledge and understanding of Workday would be a distinct advantage
How to apply
To apply for this position, click the link below. As well as a CV, please provide a covering letter detailing why you may be suitable for the role.