QHSE Manager Job Location:
Wimborne, DorsetJob Type:
Dependant on experience - up to £40,000 per annum Hours:
39 hours per week - Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm with an earlier finish on a FridayBenefits:
Excellent starting salary, 25 days holiday + banks, On Site Parking, Enhanced Pension, life assurance.
We are working with one of the leading manufacturers of industrial machinery and due to a retirement are recruiting an experienced QHSE Manager to join their team.
The role will see you responsible for the company's Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety management systems, their accreditation requirements and compliance to the relevant ISO standard. The promotion of best practices in support of employee involvement in Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety awareness and improvement activities. Key Activities
- Ensure on-going compliance of ISO standards (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018)
- Develop and maintain the Company's environmental and safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Provide advice and guidance on statutory compliance issues and to keep abreast of forthcoming and proposed legislation changes.
- Use recognised continuous improvement techniques to investigate and address root causes, develop robust preventative actions.
- Documentation and maintenance of all key business processes and information flows with a view to improving, making and acting on all recommendations.
- Review and make improvements where necessary to the current in process control quality documentation.
- Formalise supplier returns for non-conforming product ensuring the supplier has identified the root cause and implemented preventive actions.
- Provide management and undertaking of internal and external audits ensuring all non-conformities raised are addressed in a timely manner.
- Chair Quality Improvement Teams (QIT) and oversee Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
- Identify and implement improvements to manufacturing and assembly production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality.
- Obtain and assess customer and after sales feedback with a view to making improvements to achieve the highest possible levels of satisfaction.
- Work with employees at all levels to instil pro-activity in continuous improvements
- Assess business continuity plan and strive to reduce risk Company-wide.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training, in liaison with HR Department, and reporting.
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure all action points are completed within deadlines.
- Review and maintain ISO 45001 accreditation standard.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of environmental, safety and health through analysis of the current state with the development of strategies including focusing on behavioural initiatives.
- Develop annual EHS improvement plans by working closely with site management teams.
- Ensure all COSHH, Material Data Sheets, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are linked and cascaded, documented to relevant employees via toolbox talks.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Maintain an efficient and tidy working environment.
- Carry out such duties as the Company may determine from time to time.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills / experience:
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant engineering discipline or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Quality and EHS Management role gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining accreditation of ISO quality management systems to the required standards.
- Experience in implementing and developing Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAM's).
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills that will enable engagement with all levels of the business.
- Able to take the initiative and where appropriate to work with the minimum of supervision
- Work to a high standard of accuracy, well-presented and confident PC skills - Microsoft Office suite
- Gathering, analysing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics
- A motivated and a self-starter able to work on own initiative. The ability to work in a team environment or alone when required.
39 hours per week - Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm with an earlier finish on a Friday
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter by email or call our Recruitment Team.