2x Finance Business PartnersLocation:
A mixture of London office-based (next to the London Zoo site) combined with home workingCategory:
Accounting / FinanceDepartment (and Section):
Business Services - Finance - Business PartnersPosition Type:
Full-Time / PermanentSalary:
£48,000 - £55,000 p.a / pro-rata (dependent on experience, inclusive of London Weighting)Overview
We're ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we're working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct.Role Profile
We are currently recruiting two commercially orientated and self-motivated qualified accountants with good post-qualification experience to work at ZSL as Finance Business Partners.
Role One: Finance Business Partner (Zoos, Commercial & Reporting)
Role Two: Finance Business Partner (Business Services)
- have Business Partnering responsibility for London and Whipsnade Zoos, our commercial teams plus the Marketing and Engagement teams including memberships, providing strong commercially-orientated decision-making support to our Zoos & Engagement and commercial teams in particular the 2 Zoo COOs
- lead the ongoing development of ZSL's business reporting processes including ZSL's forecasting and modelling tools and its dashboard and KPI reporting.
- provide business support to the Business Services Directorate supporting the CFO & MD Business Services and finance, IT, estates, legal and capital works business areas (50%)
- be responsible for the preparation of annual statutory accounts for ZSL and ZEL (ZSL's trading subsidiary), and supporting / managing the annual audit through to final sign off the Annual Report and Financial Statements (30%)
- provide business support to London Zoo and Whipsnade Zoos' animal, grounds and schools' engagement teams (Zoos & Engagement Directorate) (20%)
There is also a common requirement for strong modelling experience.
Both are great roles in a great organisation and you would be joining at a very interesting time where there is a lot to do in a fast-moving but supportive environment.Main Duties and ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities within both roles:
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 31st January 2021.Please indicate when applying which role you wish to apply for.To Apply and for More Information:If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the Apply on Website button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
- Provide great business partnering support to all relevant budget holders through analysis and reporting plus commercially orientated analysis to support agile decision-making
- Providing financial information and analysis to all relevant stakeholders including Zoo COOs Directors, Heads of Department and other stakeholders
- Preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts to all relevant budget holders.
- Financial reporting and commercial modelling tasks such as monthly preparation of accruals, income and cost analyses, forecasting and modelling
- Supporting the annual budget, forecast and longer-term business planning and modelling processes through providing information and support to all relevant stakeholders, liaising with other ZSL teams as appropriate.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
No agencies please.