King Alfred School has a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspirational STEM teacher specialising in Maths to join our ground-breaking Year 6-8 project from September 2021.
We are implementing a cutting-edge multidisciplinary Year 6-8 curriculum whereeach individualwill have significant autonomy over their work. Maths will be taught both as a discrete subject and through inter-disciplinary projects. The curriculum will be underpinned by a rigorous development of core skills and competencies.
The successful candidate will devote most of their timetable to Years 6-8, but there will be scope for some GCSE and/or A-level Maths teaching too.Key aspects of the role will be:
The successful candidate will:
- Planning and facilitating inter-disciplinary structured enquiry projects
- Teaching discrete Maths lessons in Years 6 to 8, and beyond
- Running coaching and mentoring sessions
- Evaluating all aspects of the new curriculum as part of a rigorous evaluation process, potentially leading towards a Masters in Education
- Have a good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- Have proven success in Maths teaching in Years 7-11
- Show a passion for inter-disciplinary project learning with a solid grasp of enquiry-based pedagogy
- Have strong ideas for how STEM projects can enhance the learning of Maths, Science and Design
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in a project which breaks the mold. Please contact Julian Reed (Director of 6-8: email@example.com)
if you would like to find out more about the new Year 6-8 curriculum. Contact Jeff Harlow ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you would like to find out more about the Maths department.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working and forward-looking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
The salary for this role will be dependent on experience (King Alfred follows the Outer London pay scales, enhanced by an additional KAS annual supplement c. £5,500).Closing date for applications: 16:00hrs on Tuesday 26th January 2021Interviews to be held on: Thursday 4th February 2021
To apply for this exciting opportunity please go to our website where you will find the full job pack and you can apply via our online Application Form.All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.