Astute recruitment is working with a leading, rapidly growing business based in Derby to add a dynamic and driven management accountant to their finance team. Having strong, financial, analytical and communication skills you will be an integral part of the finance team and work closely with Divisional Directors and the Operations Team.
You will have strong skills and capabilities surrounding Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis and Business Partnering.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Responsible for contract reporting and variance analysis for some Divisions.
- Quarterly forecasting of the Company and Divisional financial performance.
- Annual Budget preparation and assisting with 3-5 year business plan.
- Assisting with production and development of monthly Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversight of month end procedures in accordance with month end timetables.
- Assist with monthly closing process, including review of reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the management and year end process.
- Developing robust financial controls, improving systems and processes and increasing efficiency.
- Process improvement both within the Department and the wider organisation.
- Attendance at monthly finance review meetings with divisional management, to report on financial performance.
- Coordinate with various departments for both month end processes as well as day to day operations.
- Support business growth including integration of new business.
- Assist with preparation for Year-end including audit reporting.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports/information as required by the business.
- As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
- Communication - Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Leadership - Demonstrate effective leadership skills in delivering change management within both the Finance department and the wider Company.
- Problem solving - Be objective and look at the "bigger picture" and "think outside the box" with the ability to focus on both the short and longer term.
- Persuasion - Demonstrate the ability to deliver change management and ensure "buy in" both internally and externally to the department.
- Team Working - Ensure the department operates as "one team" and are working towards the same standards and principles.
- Thinking Ahead - Ensure individual and departmental objectives are aligned with the Finance vision and Strategy
The successful Management Accountant will be offered a competitive salary of between £40,000 to £45,000 per annum, alongside a competitive package.
Job is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Uttoxeter and Burton
Other roles you may have applied for are Financial Controller; Financial accountant; Accounts Manager; Assistant Financial Controller; Finance Manager.