Axon Moore are exclusively partnering with a high growth IT services business based in Manchester. Reporting to the Finance Director, this will will act as a number two role, running the finance function on a daily basis and providing hands on support to the SMT.
This hands on, broad role is ideally suited to an individual with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification, and a background in Management Accounts. With a clear footing in finance already forged, this role is ideally placed for someone looking to step into a broader position, having commercial responsibilities within both a financial, and operational setting. Along with the predicted growth of the business, we are looking for someone with the capability to add value immediately, and with the ambition and drive to mirror the organisations development as the Finance team expands over the course of time.
• Managing the Month end close, inclusive of a fortnightly closure of financial activities.
• Providing commercial analysis on financial reports, providing key performance insight to business leaders.
• Financial planning and analysis reports, highlighting KPI assessment and inputting into the strategic and long-term business plan.
• Finance business partnering responsibilities with the operational teams, providing financial insight and assessment to bids and tenders.
• Stakeholder management with all Subcontractors, being a point of contact for the Finance Function to answer any queries.
• Assess and implement relevant IT systems, providing commentary of system performance and seek opportunities for improvement.
• Support the development of the Assistant Accountant, providing mentorship, guidance and the opportunity to upskill.
• Run the payroll for contractors.
• Support the ongoing relationship with external advisors.
• ACCA, CIMA or ACA Qualified with industry experience working within Management Accounts.
• Good drive and ambition. This role will have significant room to grow with a clear progression route mapped out.
• Enthusiastic, with a people focus.
• Strategic thinker. There is clear progression with the business, due to strategic options such as M&A.
• Broad skillset with capability to lend their hand in other areas e.g. system integration.
• Sharepoint software experience is advantageous.