Role: AccountantHourly rate: £13.41 ph PAYE or £16.71 ph UmbrellaContract: until March 2021Location: working remotely
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts professional to join a leading local authority, initially on a short term contract. This role will involve working from home initially.Key Responsibilities:
Report into the Principle Accountant.
Provide support on all accounting and budgetary issues and contribute to the continued functioning and improvement of the Council's accountancy processes.
Provide financial support to designated service areas, preparation of the annual revenue budgets, budget monitoring and closedown processes.
Completion of final accounts processes and preparation of notes to the accounts and supporting documentation.
Completion of statistical and other (including government) returns as required, for example those covering revenue outturn and estimates and the Whole of Government Accounts.
Preparation of monthly and year end reconciliations between financial systems.
Assist in the review and operation of computerised financial systems and the testing and implementation of any required upgrades.
Contribute to the improvement of the Council's financial processes, including documenting and improving the use of financial systems.
Assist with the production of financial information for management. Ideal candidate:
If you are interested please can you submit your CV now to be considered for the position. REF 837143
- AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA (part or qualified) or similar
- Previously working in an accounts department
- Experience of key financial processes, capital programme, treasury management, borrowing, lending and backing functions is advantageous
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Preparing month and year ends and budgets
- Strong attention to detail and analysis skills
- Exceptional IT systems knowledge and experience - Excel (Intermediate -advanced)
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.