Engineering Facilities, Projects and Compliance Lead - 37,5 hrs per week
Salary: up to £50,625 DOE
We are currently looking for an Engineering Facilities, Projects and Compliance Lead to work at a large manufacturing company based in Stanford-Le-Hope, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for large Blue-Chip organisation with Global backing..
Reporting directly to the Senior Site Manager, you will maintain continuous production and improve efficiencies safely through effectively implementing preventative maintenance schedules and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs. You will ensure continuous improvement methodologies are applied that improves the operational scorecard.
As well as, you'll provide an effective link between the Operations management and the Engineering team. Delivering high-quality service to all sections of the Plant.
* Contribute to and assist in the implementation of improvement plans agreed with Engineering Manager or other members of the senior leadership team
* Ensure business development project work as identified by the Engineering Manager is undertaken in an effective manner and completed within budget and on time
* To assist the engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
* Take ownership of the PPM system and ensure effective use of resource to deliver 100% adherence to schedule against the PPM schedule
* Effective time management and prioritisation of activities
* Undertake direct line management of your engineering team
* To follow the correct accounting/authorisation process when ordering replacement parts
* Maintain and improve standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the Plant including the engineering office and workshop
* To ensure emergency breakdown repairs are executed in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment.
* To assist in the specification and installation of new equipment for the site
* To maintain Health & Safety rules and regulations and ensure all Safe Systems of Work are signed off and complied with
* To identify potential hazards/risks to the Health & Safety Manager/responsible person upon discovery and be proactive in ensuring corrective actions are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven supervisory experience working within an Industrial, Factory environment as an Engineering Lead with good Project Management knowledge. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and managerial skills.
* ONC / HNC Desirable
* Recognised apprenticeship preferably Instrumentation and Control
* Project Management experience
* Boiler, Pressurised Vessels and Facilities Management Experience.
* BOAS trained.
* Able to manage site compliance
* Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
* Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
* Demonstrate problem-solving capabilities
* Good presentation, communication and skills
* A positive, proactive can-do attitude
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.