We require an experienced and versatile School Business Manager to join the senior leadership team and lead our school on to the next phase of its school improvement journey.
School Business Manager
37hrs per week, 42 weeks per year
Grade K to M, points 32 to 47 (£35,745 to £50,924 FTE)
Elizabeth Woodville is a great school, where staff and students strive to improve and learning is at the heart of everything we do. As the academy is now part of Tove Learning Trust (TLT), a key part of the role will be to embed and blend the trust's systems, procedures and protocols into ours and ensure optimum efficiency in priority areas.
Our school is located across two sites, Roade and Deanshanger but operates as one school with many staff working across both sites, including the SBM. TLT is a MAT with a small central structure and a large amount of autonomy granted to its constituent schools. This role is key to the success of the school and we want an SBM who has a positive attitude, who cares about making a difference to the outcomes for our students and can take others along with them. They will need to be a team player who can multi-task effectively, motivate others and demonstrate a commitment to high standards.
The successful candidate will also:
* have a recognisable qualification in school business management, accountancy, human resources or procurement and contract management
* have experience in working in a school or business environment at a senior level
* have the leadership skills and personality to be able to support Headteachers, lead school teams and build successful working relationships across all disciplines of finance, HR, Premises, IT and administration
* be able to demonstrate strong IT skills including Word, Excel and a mastery of bespoke software relating to the job role.
* have the desire to help build successful schools and demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that our school communities are effective, efficient and sustainable
* have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the academy will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Local Governing Body of Elizabeth Woodville School and Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Monday 25 January 2021
Interviews: w/c 1 February 2021
How to apply:
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website, where you will find further instructions on how to apply. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
No agencies please