McLaren are recuiting on behalf of a £200M+ Turnover M&E company based in Slough.
The candidate would be working as part of a 14 person estimating team that approximately estimate circa £1.2 Bill worth of commercial, industrial, building services MEP work per year.
While the successful candidate would be part of a team and be provided all the required software training etc, they would be stand alone when it comes to rail knowledge and compliance, as they would be the only recognised estimator with rail experience. So by default, would always be working on rail estimates as and when they arrive. Outside of rail estimates, they would be carrying out the core business estimates.
This person would therefore be expected to possess the required experience and knowledge of producing rail compliant bids.
The below is a non-exhaustive list of key requirements/knowledge:
* Sound knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical engineering and estimating principles - Suggest Electrical bias in experience and qualifications
* Understand Network Rail and London Underground environments relating to what work can be achieved in both track and high street environments
* Understand engineering hrs and the access arrangements for track, high street and restricted environments (NR and LUL)
* Understand the NR/LUL approved suppliers and products
* Understand Section 12, sub-surface railway environments (relating to Fire standards/products and installation methods etc)
* Understand the labelling and fire stopping requirements of the rail environment
* Understand LV rail installations for estimating purposes - Ie; Must used factory manufactured CMS bends, flange couplers, JB's and not conduit boxes for fire alarm conduit installation
* Understand the Commissioning and handover processes QICC/NOWRI/GRIP/AMP etc etc
* Understand the specialist disciplines required to perform duties on NR/LU infrastructure - Protection arrangements, access staff, Key holders, HV/LV certified operatives etc
Please call Steve from McLaren for more info - (phone number removed)