Membership Internal Communications Manager
Can be based in London, Oxford or Edinburgh
My client, a leading professional body, are looking for an experienced Internal Communications Manager. This is a stand alone role where you will be responsible for creating and delivering the internal communications strategy and change plans. The successful candidate will have gained relevant experience within a not-for-profit/membership body.
Develop and deliver an effective internal communications strategy, including but not limited to:
- Creating compelling and engaging internal communications across various media
- Managing internal communication plans/campaigns for various business initiatives, including those which support a member-centric culture
- Creating and overseeing an organisation-wide editorial calendar of internal communication-related activities, helping to centrally coordinate content and ensure a purposeful flow through a variety of communication channels
- Recommending and applying modern technologies to support programme goals
- Leading the evaluation of internal communications activity to demonstrate impact and engagement
- Applying working knowledge of effective change management principles/models.
Support leaders and colleagues
- With the Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff, support as directed the CEO's programme of internal engagement and visibility, including speeches, town halls, presentations, and written communications
- Develop strong and effective relationships with the Executive Leadership Team, Senior Management Group, and other key stakeholders within the organisation to understand and support their objectives
- Advise leaders and managers on internal communications and change initiatives
- Support the organisation's programme of internal surveys
- Support key initiatives which influence colleague engagement, such as wellbeing initiatives, quarterly engagement surveys, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
- Experience in a dedicated internal communications role
- Demonstrated experience driving the planning, development, delivery, and measurement of internal communications that support organisational/cultural change - balancing both strategic design and tactical implementation
- Ability to build trusting relationships and credibility at all levels of an organisation
- Proven ability to proactively manage competing priorities and prioritise work accordingly
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with experience of adapting style to suit different audiences and formats
- Eye for detail, with ability to review and edit documents for clarity, consistency and quality
- Fast learner with a desire to grow and a 'can-do' attitude
- Proven success in a flexible working environment, with ability to succeed as part of a virtual team
- Client-/member-focussed mentality, with the desire to understand and support those needs.
- Experience of working at a professional/member body, in a professional services environment and/or with client-facing experience
- Proven working knowledge of effective change management principles, with the ability to recognise change management risks and impacts (and communicating those insights clearly and succinctly)
- Basic project management skills.
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114