A great opportunity for a newly/recently qualified ACA/CA looking to make the move out of practice/audit and into a hugely successful and growing mid-market Private Equity firm. The role is varied and broad and will develop your career in countless ways. A competitive financial package makes this a super, all-round opportunity.The Role:
- Take ownership of the preparation of monthly management accounts for the European subsidiary entities, reconciling accounts, resolving queries and collaborating across Finance and non-Finance functions
- Control the European subsidiaries, including managing working capital, payments and funding and regulatory capital adequacy
- Support the interim and year-end audits including statutory accounts preparation, collating information required and auditor liaison
- Support the European Finance team on technical accounting issues, including new standards and GAAP reconciliations
- Provide analysis and insight into the drivers of entity level performance and costs as well as ad-hoc information requests
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and forecast and variance analysis.
- Prepare of tax filings including VAT returns and corporate tax submissions.
- Critically review and improve policies and procedures to increase effectiveness of the team
- Play a role in local and global projects and initiatives, including system improvements and leveraging technology
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CA highly preferable)
- Background in the audit of private equity is preferred but wider financial services knowledge is essential
- You will likely be coming out of an audit firm, strong preference for people out of a top 20 practice
- Have excellent all-round communication skills and can demonstrate the ability to work proactively