The Bank is a leading provider of Trade Finance with international scope. The Trade Finance Team Leader
will work based in London to supervise a team responsible for L/Cs, Guarantees, commodities and other trade finance products. Some staff are based internationally within EMEA.Job PurposeTo manage and control the team ensuring that targets are met and work produced is to standard and code
. This is to include:
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to and best practice of the Bank is upheld at all times ; to include advising and training staff where necessary in technical matters, the role holder should bring the neccesary knowledge to the role primarily UCP framework;
- Excellent knowledge of Payments, settlements and all trade transactions; experience of and high standard of skill in doc checking and discounting (likely coming from an Analyst background)
- Ensure accurate and current records are kept on all departmental matters including live transactions, archived transactions and all facility documentation.
- Support the Global Trade Finance Team in taking on of new business and products and ensure staff are familiar with the products and process methods.
- To motivate, guide and inspire staff to produce results as well as foster their career development and morale within the team
- To oversee, manage and develop relationships both internal and external to the Bank and to provide excellent customer service in client-facing situations consistent with the stated aims of the Bank
- To manage and oversee recruitment, career development, appraisals competencies and all aspects of team management.
This role reports directly in to the Head of Trade Finance.Profile of the required applicant
- The role holder will have deep knowledge of UCP for Documentary Practice.
- 5 years + experience in Trade Finance within banking, including managerial experience preferably within an international banking environment and to include UK experience
- Motivated, can-do attitude with eye towards efficiency and desire to meet challenges
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with management on operational requirements.
This is a fixed term contract opportunity for a period of 12 months, and is immediately sought, so interested applicants get in touch ASAP.