Since the secondary schools opened in September 2020, Tradewind have been inundated with requests for secondary school cover supervisors to work in our Liverpool schools.
Once schools re-open following lockdown, work is expected to be readily available on a daily basis and you could work in 5 different schools in one week. The role of a cover supervisor could provide you with the flexibility you desire, the experience required to be accepted on a teacher training course or provide you with an insight into whether a career as a teacher would be for you.
The role of a cover supervisor will see the successful candidate assigned to a school on either a daily, short or long-term basis. We receive requests from our Liverpool schools from 7am in a morning so a degree of flexibility is required (advanced bookings are also available). When arriving at school you will need to familiarise yourself with school policies, including behaviour and safeguarding and take guidance from the school cover manager. There is a high level of autonomy in the position and even though you may have support from a Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for the class of children.
You will be required to oversee the completion of set work by the subject teacher and manage childrens behaviour, ensuring work is completed. You won't be a specialist in any particular subject however we will always make our client schools aware of your interests so if possible, they could place you in appropriate classes.
To join us and be considered for this cover supervisor role you:
* Will ideally hold a degree;
* Have experience working with children across the 11-16 age range (voluntary experience is acceptable);
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The role of a secondary school cover supervisor could also benefit someone who has military experience, experience of youth work / counselling or have experience working in the public sector for example: the police, fire or ambulance service.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this cover supervisor job based in Liverpool.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer