We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to work with Broxtowe Borough Council on a temporary on-going contract for a minimum of 3 months. The role is to provide support on accounting and budgetary issues and contribute to the continued functioning and improvement of the Council's accountancy processes.
* Provide financial support to designated service areas and the responsible Principal Accountant including preparation of the annual revenue budgets, budget monitoring and closedown processes
* Completion of final accounts processes and preparation of notes to the accounts and supporting documentation.
* Preparation of monthly and year end reconciliations between financial systems.
* Assist in the review and operation of computerised financial systems and the testing and implementation of any required upgrades.
* Monitor the Council's cash flow position including investment of surplus funds (including daily contact with brokers and banks) and taking corrective action via temporary funding. Carry out post investment monitoring to assess treasury performance and longer term funding initiated in accordance with instructions
* Associated payments, maintenance of records and reconciliation of transactions to financial ledger with regard to the treasury management function including the monitoring of receipt of government grants
Location: Working from home
Hourly Rate: Up to £18
If this role is of interest, please contact Jake Singh @ Belmont Recruitment or Apply Now