Optionis is one of the UK's leading professional services groups, and we're looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our growing team.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be aligned with our ClearSky business in Warrington. ClearSky are the market-leading contractor accounting specialists so, if you're an ACCA or AAT studier with commercial practice accountancy experience, then we want to hear from you.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist an Accountant in the management fo a portfolio of contractor clients. Responsibilities will include but won't be limited to:
* To assist the Accountant in providing an exceptional service across a portfolio of clients. To contribute with the day to day managing, motivating and developing of direct reports and other staff members.
* Preparing and reviewing statutory accounts and management accounts.
* Prepare and submit company tax returns
* Interface with HMRC and Companies House on the client's behalf
* Providing all necessary guidance and assistance required by all staff and assisting them to meet their duties and responsibilities.
* Preparing management reports.
* Deputise for the Accountant where necessary.
What we are looking for:
* Commercial experience with an accountancy practice
* A recent Accounting / Mathematics / Finance graduate or someone who is AAT qualified and working towards ACCA.
* A desire to own your own client portfolio in the future
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
What we offer in return:
* Study support towards AAT/ ATT/ ACCA qualifications
* On-the-job training and mentoring from a Team Manager
* Clear career progression and development
* Birthday day off
* Free Parking
* Private Medical Insurance
* Perkbox Membership
* Ability to buy and sell annual leave
Why join Optionis?
Optionis is a professional services group specialising in managing tax, employment & accountancy and highly rated within the Top Track 250 Companies of 2019! You'd be joining a team of 650 staff based across 11 locations in the UK, representing brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams and providing a range of market leading solutions to the UK's small businesses and professional contingent workforce sectors