NHS Application Support Specialist - £300 Per Day (Inside IR35) PLEASE NOTE: You must have substantial technical/application support experience within the NHS to be considered for this role.
Your new company
My client are a leading NHS trust based within Central London who are looking for an experienced NHS Applications Support Specialist to join their team on an initial 6 month basisYour new role
The primary purpose of the Interim Application Support Specialist role is provide specialist application support for an extensive range of in-service clinical and non-clinical 3rd party applications.What you'll need to succeed
Technical Expertise in at least 4 of the following areas:
- Strong communicator and able to express technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Minimum 4 years technical/application support experience gained within a busy NHS IT operations department.
- Strong written skills to write and maintain technical manuals and SOPs.
- Experience of troubleshooting technical problem with applications installed on PCs and Server architectures.
- Ability to reprioritize work as required by unexpected events.
- Experience of commissioning, installing, testing , troubleshooting new applications and customising and migrating existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Technical Familiarity required in at least 5 of the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012r2, 2016
- SAN and RAID environments
- ESXi VMware and Citrix
- Active Directory Administration
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP
- Server configuration / drive sizing
- Incident Management
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Oracle 11G + and Oracle forms support
- IIS, Apache, Linux, MySQL
- Drupal, Joomla and WordPress
- Apple OSx and IOS
- Switches, Hubs, Firewalls & Routers
- PowerShell, VBscript, WMI
What you'll get in return
- Strong software troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Managing the delivery with third party suppliers.
- Aptitude for sharing knowledge with other members of the team
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
You'll get to work with a leading NHS Trust payed £300 Per Day (Inside IR35)What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91612139