DevOps Technician (Entry Level) - £25K - Fully Remote
I am looking for an aspiring DevOps Technician to be a part of an award-winning digital team in a Creative Agency who have offices based all over the UK.
The successful candidate will work closely alongside the DevOps and Infrastructure team to liaise with the company's Developers, Testers, Designers and Project Managers to help ensure the performance of their key systems, including their Infrastructure and their applications are running and humming along smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Digital team by constantly monitoring their production environments to spot problems before they arise
- Manage and process requests for new SSL Certificates, Domain Names, and other supporting aspects.
- Perform on-going System Administration tasks for both local and remote digital servers, including fault tolerant systems and configuration management
- Be aware of and have the ambition to implement and pick up new technologies that are relevant to your role
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with IT through the use of managing Infrastructure, data and Systems (Either through education or even in your spare time)
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Solid understanding of networking such as Domains, Servers, DNS, SSL, Servers or Firewalls.
Desirable skills include:
- Use or knowledge of webserver configuration such as Nginx
- Database knowledge such as MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of a web development language (bonus points for PHP!)
If you're looking to take your first commercial step into the world of DevOps and would like to hear more, don't hesitate to apply directly to this advert.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91612183