Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world? Be part of something and join CGI as a DevOps Engineer in our Technical Advisory practice, delivering services across multiple clients in the UK.
This role is for a DevOps Engineer with demonstrable experience, to work as part of cloud-native software delivery teams for clients across multiple industries.
Our DevOps Engineers work as part of close-nit teams with Software Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Cloud Architects, Security specialists and so on with the same shared objective; rapid, continuous delivery of high-quality code. Our DevOps engineers are the engine that makes the team function, enabling practitioners through automated tools, testing, orchestration techniques and communication to satisfy their customers.
Firstly, our DevOps Engineers need a mix of "soft" and "hard" skills. We are looking for strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) as well as tooling and technical skills.
Secondly, our DevOps Engineers must be team players, supporting their colleagues throughout sprints or software iterations. We are looking for skills to mentor and advise team members on the best ways to deliver code through a pipeline, what tools to use and how to test the latest features.Your future duties and responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer demonstrates a good working knowledge and competence in Agile. They are responsible for clearly defined areas (of members, processes or deliverables), proactively report progress and risks, and identify potential mitigations.
The DevOps Engineer must demonstrate a systematic and thorough approach to their work activities, identifying deficiencies, while also maintaining a balance between process adherence and pragmatism, engaging with the project team accordingly to maintain this balance.
The DevOps Engineer will:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Engage with clients, or their representatives, to understand underlying requirements
- Perform requirements analysis
- Work as a cross functional engineer as part of an Agile team
- Work closely with colleagues, mentoring software developers, architecture teams and operators within an organization to teach them how to create software that is easily scalable
- Support and guide junior members of the team
- Collaborate with IT and security teams to ensure quality releases
- Create and manage virtual environments
- Analyse and automate existing processes
Specific technical skills
- Clearly communicate the characteristics of the Dev Ops Lifecycle
- Extensive and detailed understanding of automation technologies (such as build, configuration, test, deployment, delivery or monitoring)
- Trusted to represent CGI professionally
- AWS/Azure certifications desirable
Different development strategies necessitate different technical skills and with the vast choice available, our clients use various different tools. To this end, we value a curious mind-set and the ability to pick up new tools quickly is important.
The following are some of the most common tools we see:
- Azure DevOps
- Application Monitoring:
- Azure ARM Templates
- AWS Cloud Formation
- AWS Code Star / Code Pipeline / Code Build / Code Deploy
- Bitbucket, Git, Gitlab,
- Docker, Docker Swarm
- AWS EKS
- Documentation management/Knowledge Management
- BMC Remedy
- Metrics, Analytics, Dashboards
- Azure Monitor
- Arsenale Dataplane
- AWS Cloud watch / Cloud Trail
Security Status: SC required, or clearable.Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91611916