We're looking for a 2nd Line IT Technical Support Engineer to work in our central London offices. You MUST HAVE
a min of 2 years' experience working in the IT industry (preferably with an MSP).
Find out more about the job here: https://nsis.co.uk/jobs-at-nsis/
Location - Central London
Full Time - Monday to Friday
£25k to £29k per annum (DOE)
Must be living in the UK and eligible to work
Must have min of 2 years' experience in the IT industry
Fluent in English
Position Available - Immediately
We are looking for a technical support engineer to join our team.
It is essential that you have a min of 2 years' experience in the IT industry and preferably with an MSP.
You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The candidate must have a solid base knowledge IT systems and Networking and preferably already working with an MSP.
You will find yourself involved in a wide range of technical support issues and you must have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a pressurised environment. Some of your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- PC repair / configuration and systems knowledge
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Logical, methodical approach with the ability to enter data accurately into a reporting system.
- Customer Care skills (for internal and external customer contact).
- The ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Helpdesk and incident management
- Providing onsite and remote support
- Daily system checks and reporting
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Windows Server 2008 and above
- PC repair and systems knowledge
- Microsoft O365 MS Office software packages
- Active Directory
- Terminal Servers
- Desktop Support for Windows and Mac
- OS Printers Mobile devices (iPad, tablets & phones)
- Experienced in using backup software
- Centralised Anti-Virus software
- Good knowledge of Networking and networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Experience and good knowledge of networking - using switches, routers, Wi-Fi devices, network cabling and infrastructure (essential)
The successful candidate must have:
- The general IT aptitude to learn
- Confident when speaking to the public
- Able to treat information with the strictest confidence
- The mind-set required to keep administrative task both up to date and up to the standard required by company policy
- Able to work as a team with a variety of different people.
If you have the required experience and would like to apply, or have any questions, please email your CV
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91612716