General Ledger Assistant Accountant
Careers & Industry, SAE Europe
Based in Littlemore Park, Oxford
Permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week
£26,000-£33,000 per annum, subject to qualifications/ experience
Navitas Limited, of which SAE and University Partnerships are Business Units, is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programmes, language training, student recruitment and workforce education.
We are looking for a General Ledger Assistant Accountant who will be responsible for processing transactions in the general ledger including month end journals, payroll and tax and involved with understanding actuals and reconciling the balance sheets.
• Month end procedures and reporting
• Bank reconciliations
• Booking and processing of tax payments and payroll
• Review bank cash flow status, reporting internally through balances and cashflow actuals
• Reconciliation between student management systems and financial ledger
• Facilitating with process improvement and change within the GL team
• Part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) or similar.
• Demonstrated computer literacy, especially with financial systems and accounting software, i.e. Oracle, SAP, Sage, etc. and Excel.
• Personable, confident, friendly and approachable.
• Flexible and adaptable to work as required to meet the needs of the team and the organisation.
• Resilient and able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
• Ability to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends to meet critical deadlines, where requested.
• Must have rights to live and work in the UK.
• User knowledge of Oracle EBusiness Suite.
• A passion for creative media.
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer. Please submit any enquiries to , stating Application: General Ledger Assistant Accountant in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. No unapproved agencies please.