The Debt & Capital Advisory team is an integral part of Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice, providing independent advice and world class execution across the full spectrum of debt markets through the Firm's global network. Deloitte Debt & Capital Advisory is a team of 200 debt professionals globally, with ~85 within the UK, making them one of the largest teams operating in the UK and almost certainly the largest globally.
In any given year, in the UK Deloitte Debt & Capital Advisory close circa. 100 transactions, roughly two thirds of which are for private equity backed businesses. The deal flow the team are exposed to give them a good read on what is available within the debt markets and where best to source capital. The business has grown at roughly 20% per year every year since inception twelve years ago, and has maintained the original 'start-up' mentality throughout that period.
We are seeking to expand and are always interested to speak to talented individuals with an accounting and/or financial background and an interest in learning about transactions.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your role within this exciting team will be to assist clients achieve their funding objectives which will incorporate a wide range of debt engagements including advice on optimal capital structures, negotiating new money fundraisings, refinancing and restructuring existing debt facilities.
For further information about the Debt & Capital Advisory team please see our website.
We operate across all sectors and we are currently looking for an Assistant Manager.
As an Assistant Manager in the Debt & Capital Advisory team you will be:
• Working on a range of debt advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, advisors and other service lines
• Assisting with day to day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of information packs, management presentations, financial analysis and client communications
• Industry/company research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
• Financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
• Contribution to marketing and business development activities
• To have a broad perspective of debt market trends
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte Manchester office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time but we do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Professional financialqualification (e.g. ACA, or equivalent)
• Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly
• A commitment to delivering an exceptional service to clients, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
• Perfect fluency in oral and written English
• A sound commercial acumen and understanding of UK financial markets and debt-related products
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Proven project management and organisational skills
• Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in presentations and client reports
• The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
If you are interested in working in an exciting and empowering environment we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application online.
(For a full Job Description, please visit the Deloitte Careers website)