A fantastic and well versed Marketplace Manager is needed to pick up the companies marketplace capability, which currently lies on Amazon and eBay and look to grow this sales channel. They have full autonomy of trading this area and will be able to make decisions based on what they feel will improve their commercial return. They will also be able to explore further marketplace providers in order to maximise sales through 3rd parties.Client Details
The client are a digital first brand, who have had an absolutely fantastic rise over the last 5 years, so much so that they recorded a profit last year. They have always been digital first and never had to rely on a store estate. They are consistently the best performing brand in their product category and look to innovate in all areas including the product they sell, the technology they use, the people they employ and projects they run to gain a competitive advantage.Description
The Marketplace Manager will be responsible for
- The complete Marketplace sales channel which is currently eBay and Amazon
- Managing Marketplace P&L,
- Working alongside the Digital and Ecommerce director to develop and enact Marketplace growth strategy
- Exploring, analysing and developing further Marketplace providers should they present strong ROI and commercial performance opportunities
- Working alongside the .com D2C ecommerce business to ensure promotions are aligned and cohesive and customer messaging is consistent across the brand
- Working cross functionally with supply chain team to ensure there is enough stock to fulfil orders through marketplace sales
- Enact daily tactical changes on site to optimise trading performance
The Successful Marketplace Manager will
- Have experience of trading and growing marketplace capability, must have experience in Amazon and eBay as these are the Marketplace platforms they currently use - further marketplace provider experience is desirable but not essential at this point.
- Be a self-starter, this role will be remote for the most part and will be the sole Marketplace specialist and dedicated colleague in the business, so will have to be able to self-motivate, set own to do list, put thoughts and words into action quickly - whilst working remotely
- Be very data-driven and have superb analytical skills - ability to make decisions of large data sets and enact tactical changes based on customer behaviour analysis to improve commercial return
- Have strong stakeholder management skills, they will have to know all business units well, and build relationships and influence, negotiate and update even whilst working remotely.
- Have strong communication and presentation skills, they will be required to present back to the business on a weekly basis
- Understand the online sales ecosystem and how marketplace and D2C should sit side by side and complement one another.
The successful Marketplace Manager will be working for a very innovative digital first business who are constantly looking to challenge the status quo and gain competitive advantage. You will be able to have full autonomy of the Marketplace capability and tell the story of success as you grow commercial performance and this sales channel.
The salary on offer, depending on experience and skills set of course, is between £50-60k.
The role will be remote for the most part, the majority of employees are based in or around London so if there are physical team meetings then the Candidate would be expected to be able to get to London for these.