Supply Teaching AssistantTemporary, fixed term and ad hoc Salary - £10-£12 p/h Term Time Only Are you a final year student or graduate seeking to gain paid school based work experience? Are you an already experienced Learning Support Assistant seeking a more flexible workload? Are you an individual with care experience, interested to transition to Education?
Teaching Personnel works with Secondary, Primary and Special Educational Needs Schools across North Hampshire providing support staff on a short term, temporary and ad hoc basis. Being a government approved provider of staff, we are seeking to recruit several more Teaching Assistants across the Basingstoke, Winchester and Farnborough areas to work with our schools as need arise working on a 1:1 and small group basis with their pupils.
The roles and responsibilities of Teaching Assistants are varied and differ between schools, however your role would include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
You should already have some experience working with Children or in the Care Industry and have a genuine desire to improve the educational outcomes of every pupil you work with. You will offer key support to students in the absence of their usual Teaching Assistant to ensure that their learning can continue as normal. In some instances, you may only be required for a day, and on others up to a term or more.
Working for Teaching Personnel will provide you with access to a Continual Professional Development Academy including Safeguarding Children in Education course and 'how to be an effective tutor' at no expense to any successful candidate. There are also a range of other course with a nominal charge such as 'Autism Awareness'.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have an ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
- Patience and a sense of humour
- In some jobs it could be useful if you have IT skills or are fluent in local community languages
- Are available for a minimum of 2 days per week
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and an enhanced DBS check.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.