Our Client, a reputable Fleet Company have an opportunity for an experienced Mobile HGV Technician
to join their mobile team covering the Guildford area. You will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of their fleet vehicles. Ensuring the vehicles remain operational and comply with any legislations.
Our Client is focused on health and safety as well as providing a top quality service to their customers and are looking for a like-minded individual who possesses the same ethics.Experience and skills required
In order to be a success as a Mobile HGV Technician, you will need to have the knowledge and experience of servicing and maintaining HGV Trailers, Tail lifts, double decks and power units.
You'll work from a well-equipped mobile van attending jobs on customer sites, carrying out mechanical and electrical repairs, maintaining the fleet and identifying faults using advanced diagnostic equipment.
You will have an excellent track record in Heavy Vehicle maintenance along with the relevant NVQ Level 2 or above, C&G Motor Vehicle Level 2 or 3 and/or similar qualifications. You must also be IT literate as their Technicians log their work via tablets. This role would suit someone who is passionate about what they do and is able to use their own initiative.
You will work 40 hours per week between Monday - Friday and be available for call outs
Other duties will include:
- Carrying out preventive maintenance in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Providing on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required
- Continually identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate person
Salary & Benefits
A Basic salary of £35,162.40 + Bonus (Guaranteed for the first 3 months) + Van Bonus with an OTE £60K.
Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual 'Top Tech' Award - international competition with high value prize
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Funding for HGV licence
- Company Share Scheme
- Eye care programme, regular health assessments, Occupational Health to ensure your ongoing well-being
- Access to 24/7 GP Service
- Access to Perkbox discounts