Do you want a role which will see you own the end to end procurement process for all IT requirements? Do you have expert knowledge of Azure? Do you want a role with flexible working and to be part of a small and passionate Procurement team? If so, our brand-new IT Buyer role might be the new challenge you're looking for?Package:
An annual salary of c£35k with excellent benefits including 22 holiday days (plus your birthday off), private medical insurance and pet insurance discount.
At Animal Friends we are all still working remotely, when our office re-open's there will be the option to return to the office or to continue to work from home with occasional days in the office. What you`ll get up to as our IT Buyer
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be leading strategic buying in IT as we become more digital and spend increasingly larger amounts within this category:
What we look for in you
- Acting as the key point of contact and own the performance, contracts, and relationship management of all IT suppliers
- Reviewing the overall IT landscape and creating a category strategy to achieve significant initial cost reductions and year-over-year cost improvements
- Prioritising and leading strategic negotiations with key vendors
- Performing regular RFI's, RFP's and benchmark analysis on high-dependency IT activities
- Inspiring confidence and building strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Delivering procurement support for all relevant projects
- Potentially working within other indirect spend categories
What Animal Friends is all about!
- Experience of the IT end-to-end Procurement experience
- Excellent experience of Azure
- Demonstrable experience procuring within a wide IT category including hardware, software and managed services (especially telephony)
- Strong contract negotiator with a good appreciation of commercial law
- Confident communicator - in both verbal and written forms - with an ability to get on with a variety of personalities
- Positive attitude that drives and encourages the wider team as well as themselves
- Ability to work under own initiative and in a timely manner
Animal Friends has grown to become not only an award-winning business but one of the largest pet insurance providers in the UK, looking after over 1 million pets and offering cover for cats, dogs and horses.?
A large part of our success is due to our company values which are the foundation of how we work, we are courageous by continually looking for new ways to innovate our customers experience and the pet insurance industry. We are kind-hearted with animal welfare being important to us, we donate and support over 300 charities across the UK and worldwide, to date, we have donated over £5.5 million. And we are passionate about the support we provide to our customers helping them care for their pets. Benefits of working with Animal Friends
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off
- 95% of our employee's own pets, we're able to provide up to 50% off insurance along with free access to our Vet consultation app JOII
- We believe looking after employees' health is important, so we offer discount on gym membership, access to a Wellbeing hub, a health care cash plan and private medical insurance
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter's choice
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a courageous, passionate and kind-hearted team
Animal Friends Pet Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. Due to the current climate regarding Covid-19, all our interviews are now taking place as a video interview via Zoom or Teams.