Purchasing Manager / Wigan / £35,000 - £40,000
Your new company
You will join an industry leading manufacturing organisation in a newly created Purchasing role
Your new role
Reporting into the Operations Manager the successful candidate will oversee the following key duties-
- Purchasing of materials, products and services whilst keeping within the requirements of our quality procedure.
- Managing a wide range of external suppliers.
- Purchasing and pricing negotiations.
- Ensuring that the needs of all internal stakeholders are met whilst keeping control of spend.
- Management of supply chain in accordance with product volumes and specifications.
- Continuous Improvement of Purchasing and Supply Chain processes, quality and performance.
- Maintain monthly reporting on budgets, cost savings, market pricing and opportunities
- Manage the Purchasing team to continually deliver professional performance and KPI's.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable Procurement experience at Buyer, Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager level including experience in both direct and indirect business areas
- Experience in a purchasing capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated, efficient and commercially focused.
- Able to lead and work effectively as part of a commercial team.
- MCIPS Qualified or Part Qualified / Studying is beneficial
What you'll get in return
£35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience and qualifications
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.