A Good Secondary School based in East London, is looking for enthusiastic and passionate Cover Supervisors to join their team when schools re-open.The School
This Community school located in the borough of Barking & Dagenham, are looking to recruit a pool of Cover Supervisors to cover long and short term absences. The school has the highest expectations and ambitions for every student. Through a large investment, the school has recently completed their rebuild and the facilities are fantastic.
This larger than average school are very supportive of their staff and are always trying to better their expertise. Having been graded Good in their last Ofsted, it was stated that "Leaders make sure that staff benefit from quality training to help them to contribute towards the school's priorities. From their monitoring, leaders identify the personal training and development needs of members of staff, which they then fulfil."
The school has great public transport links nearby with a railway station and tube station both only a 10-minute walk from the school.Cover Supervisor:
This large comprehensive school are looking to recruit a pool of local Cover Supervisors to join their team once schools re-open. They are looking for Cover Supervisor's who are open to long and short term cover. If you have experience of working in a childcare setting, ideally with secondary aged students, and would like to explore life within a school setting then this is a great opportunity for you.
As a Cover Supervisor, your main objective is to oversee the smooth running of all lessons during the school day including:
- Supervising the cover work set by the absent teacher
- Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the teacher
- Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher/department.
Apply today to be considered for this role!
- Experience of working with children within a school setting (Ideally secondary)
- Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed
- Ability to build a rapport with children, staff and parents
- Bachelor's Degree/Equivalent (not essential)