Press Officer - Immediate Start
Fixed Term Contract to end of March in first instance
We have an immediate need for an experienced Press Officer/Media specialist to join a major public sector client.
Working on an initial contract to the end of March, this is a key role within the organisation and will take ownership of Press activity and media liaison.
* Be the first point of contact for all national, regional and trade press enquiries
* Work reactively to produce and release press releases
* Forward plan a calendar of external communications
* Provide briefings for media
* Work proactively to build internal relationships with key stakeholders
* Write engaging media releases for use across a range of channels including press, social medial etc.
You need to be an experienced communications specialist with a proven track record of working within a press office or PR environment.
A forward thinker who can plan effective future activity while managing multiple deadlines.
Great people skills, a relationship builder, comfortable networking with both internal and external stakeholders.
Great writing skills and a keen eye for a story
You'll be working as part of a very highly regarded and successful communications division, working with an organisation that has an impact at all levels across the country.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age