Teaching Personnel are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN. The position is an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Wigan area. This would be working with children aged 11-16 years at a specialist SEN school, primarily with SEMH and BESD.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you are a good fit.
Pay is £10 per hour, working from the hours of 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging students when distracted from their learning
- Assisting the execution of tailored lesson plans
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in the wellbeing of children with SEN
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Teaching Personnel can offer:
- 24 years industry experience informing the process of you applying for positions to being placed in a role that's right for you
- A personal consultant if you decide to register with us who will guide you through the process, ensuring all the relevant documents are in place
- Heavily discounted CPD programs, our own safeguarding training and an online diary to help you manage your workload
All of our candidates are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and other vetting checks before being placed at a school.
If you believe you fit this criteria, please get in touch with us by emailing or phoning .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.